this crazy life

this crazy life
at Emma's baptism, March 2008

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Just one more thing to take on!

Ah yes, I think it's time I jump aboard the blogwagon. Because I have nothing better to be doing with my time!

Here's the quick update of our lives.....
Eli is 9 1/2 and is just wrapping up the 4th grade. He is still taking piano lessons (and doing fabulously) and is playing soccer (still waiting to make that first goal!)- it's his 4th season.
Emma is 8 and was baptized in March. She is wrapping up 2nd grade. She's taking a jazz dance class and is just so darn cute! Both kids are becoming quite the little bookworms in their spare time.
Fred left this evening to go down to Tucson for COTA training camp. He's going to be a corrections officer in a state prison in Florence, AZ. Yes, you heard me right! Can you even imagine Fred as a prison guard? I can't either, but the benefits will be sweet!
I am substitute teaching K-5 and focusing on Special Ed. I am taking courses online through Rio Salado to earn my AZ teaching certification. I really think I might go with SpEd. It seems the more I try to talk myself out of it, I talk myself into it! I'm subbing full-time in a resource class until the end of the year. We're done with school on May 23. I can't believe it. This year has flown by. I have my SpEd class final tomorrow (and you see how I'm spending my study time!) and I'm not even nervous about it. I totally freaked at the midterm. I got a 100% and it was worth it, but I freaked when I was studying.

On for the NEW news...... as most of you know, we decided to rent our home and downsize. We moved, literally, across the neighborhood into a house that was just about half the size of the other house. I couldn't be more in love with my new house!! Seriously. Less to clean, less to heat and cool, no pool to take care of, did I mention less to clean?? I'm lovin it.

Well I should wrap up this for now. I'll let YINZ all know how I did on my final. Check back.
Same bat time, same bat channel

No comments: