this crazy life

this crazy life
at Emma's baptism, March 2008

Friday, May 30, 2008

Summer is officially here!

Aahhh! Summer is here! The kids (and I) were done with school last Friday (May 23rd). I spent the last 4 weeks of school subbing in Resource - special ed. I really had a good time. The kids were great and the staff was even better. There's talk of having me hired on full-time for next school year. I'm pretty excited about that.
Well Fred is just wrapping up week 4 of COTA. Next week he'll be working regular shifts down in Florence. Which is nice because he'll be home every day. Eli has been taking his absence very hard. E's such an emotional kid anyways and with Dad being gone, he's been quite the handful. He hasn't been bad at all, he's just been moody and upset. He's getting better. He knows this is just temporary. Sundays seem to be the hardest on him because that's when Fred leaves. We spent about 20 minutes during church last week outside so he could have himself a good cry. Better out than in!
I surprised Fred with tickets to see the Police last Saturday. Oh my gosh, was it awesome. Elvis Costello opened up for them. I was in heaven! I have loved Elvis Costello for as long as I can remember. Sting came out and sang "Allison" with him. Double yoi! And dang, those two are aging quite well, I must admit! Fred has loved the Police ever since he was little. He didn't even know they were in town. I was originally trying to get tickets to see The Cure, but they were too expensive and all they had were bad seats left. So I thought, what the heck, and I just looked to see who else was coming to town and lo and behold- it was the Police! Money VERY well spent!
The kids are enjoying their summer break so far. Em and I had our annual end-of-the-year pedicures done this week. So fun! I love this little tradition. We started it when she finished Kindergarten. It's a fun way to start the summer off. We've been so busy with friends and sleepovers too! I don't think they have spent an entire day at home by themselves yet! I'm a little bummed that we don't have a pool in the new house, but that's just less work for me to do! I did like having everyone over for a swim though. Last night E had a friend and Em had 2 friends sleep over. Yeah, it was crazy loud here! Loud, but fun. :)
We're getting ready, and excited, for our annual trip up to the Burgh next week. Haircuts- check, pedicures- check, air tickets- check, spent a second thinking about packing- NO CHECK! The kids are so excited to go to Kennywood. E has big plans of going on the Racer until he and Aunt Jan both puke! Aim high, little buddy, what a goal. I'll see if I can bribe Em to ride anything this year. I dragged her on the Racer last year and I thought she was going to have a heart attack- sorry, poor thing! "Oh no, Em, it's not that fast! Yeah, I think she lost all trust in me for the day. Between the zoo, Kennywood, Janell's (pizza and the bakery!), seeing friends and family, perhaps a trip to the museum, I'm sure we'll have a fun-packed trip!

Till then.......

No comments: